Vasco da Gama Junior Researcher Award 2014
The Junior Researcher Award has been launched following the movement’s continuous effort to promote a new generation of Family Doctors that combine clinical work and research.
- General practice (GP) and Family Medicine (FM) is known to be an emerging field for research activities all over the world
- It's comprehensive, population based scope implies special demands for multi-methodological research skills
- VdGM aims to promote a generation of junior GP/FM doctors who include research skills with patient care as a life time career
- VdGM therefore provides an annual junior researcher award
- This award honors outstanding research and researchers careers who are GP/FM trainees or junior GP/FM with up to five years working experience after graduation
Who can apply?
- GP/FM trainees, junior GP/FMs (up to 5 years after graduation from vocational training)
- A proposed research project with an impact on the field of general practice
- One application per candidate is accepted
- Every VdGM national representative can propose one researcher for his/her country, using the selection grid as proposed by VdGM
Members of jury
- Liaison person Research Theme group as representative of the VdGM EG
- Another member of the Research Theme group
- A member of EGPRN
- An external guest members as appointed by VdGM (senior researcher with experience)
Application only through VdGM national representatives (Europe council members)
Documents to be sent:
1. a copy of passport or identity card
2. a copy of student registration or document of graduation
3. a short letter of presentation from the candidate (max. 500 words)
4. the national grid as filled out by the national representative or person responsible for national selection
5. a copy of the project proposal as submitted by the candidate
Deadline for application to the national representatives is 15th January 2014, deadline for the proposal of the national candidate is 10th February 2014 prior to the WONCA Europe conference.
Jury will define 3 final candidates before March 1st 2014
Three final candidates will be invited to present their project proposal during a VdGM workshop in the main conference (junior champions in GP-research)
Entrance fees for the final candidates will be paid by VDGM
The final winner will receive 1000 euro to perform the research proposal
The final winner will be pronounced during the closing ceremony.
The winner will allow VdGM to publish CV, portrait photography and research abstract on the VdGM website as examples of Champions of Research as general practice clinicians.
For further information please download the document below
Vasco de Gama Junior Researcher Award