Montegut Scholarships to 2015 WONCA conferences
The Montegut Global Scholar Program (MGSP) was established by the American Board of Family Medicine Foundation (ABFM-F) in 2010. The MGSP will provide a USD2,250 scholarship for one family physician selected from each of the seven WONCA regions, to attend their respective regional WONCA meetings in 2015. If there is no meeting planned for a region in 2015 then it will be permissible for the nominee from that region to use the scholarship to attend a meeting in another region.
Brief details below. Full details available on the Montegut Scholar page
Criteria for all applicants
- Must be a family physician/general practitioner in good professional standing
- It is suggested that the selectee be a physician involved with
education, research and/or committed to improving the quality of family
medical care in his/her region.
- The selectee chosen should be a person whom under ordinary
circumstances would not have the financial means to attend the
- The selectee shall not be part of the WONCA leadership in his/her region.
- The selectee possesses proper documents/credentials for international travel
Additional criteria for North America applicants
- The nominee from the North American region should come from the Caribbean College of Family Physicians
- Should be approved by the North American President
Deadlines for submissions for 2015 conferences
31 October 2014
- South Asia region conference AND Africa region conference
30 November 2014
- Asia Pacific region conference AND Congreso Iberoamericano
31 December 2014
- East Mediterranean region conference
(exact date to be advised) - Europe region conference
Further details are available from the WONCA Secretariat (email@example.com
) or on the WONCA website.