Interested in an internship at the World Health Organization?
The World Health Organization (WHO) recruits twice a year for interns. Being a WHO intern is a great opportunity for medical students and family doctors in training to develop academic and policymaking skills, as well as to understand how the WHO works.
For (Northern Hemisphere) Summer of 2015 the intake will run from December 1st 2014 to January 31st 2015. Details on the programme from the WHO website are as follows:
What does a WHO Internship offer?
The WHO Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO. The duration of WHO internships is between six to 12 weeks. Exceptionally, internships may be extended up to a maximum of 24 weeks depending on the needs of the WHO technical unit and your availability. WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
Who is the WHO looking for?
• You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
• You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who apply for an internship within six months of completion of their formal qualification may also qualify for consideration).
• You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment.
• You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.
• You are fluent in the working language of the office of assignment.
How can you apply?
• You are invited to complete an application for internship through the WHO. This questionnaire includes providing details about your education and experience. You will be able to indicate the area of work within WHO that you are hoping to intern.
• You will be asked to write about your motivation for applying for a WHO Internship.
• You will find additional information on WHO's Internship Programme and how to apply throughout the website here
, additional queries can be addressed to here email@example.com